The name of your Etsy shop is important. It gives potential customers a good idea of what your shop is about, and serves as a powerful branding tool.
The name of your Etsy shop can be harmful as well. Nobody wants to buy a baby romper from “SexiGrrrrl2000”, or any other item for that matter.
Good names are short and give a rough overview of what one might expect to find on the shop. It’s especially important to keep the name of your Etsy shop short if you intend to use Twitter, since “#SexiGrrrrl2000sVintageBoutique” takes up a lot more characters than “#yarrrrrn” (a pirate themed yarn shop perhaps?)
Good names are:
- Short, simple and to the point
- Look professional
- Easy to remember and hard to forget
Bad names are:
- Long (JuliasPhotographyAndPhotographySupplies)
- Provide inadequate or no description of the shop (JuliaOnEtsy)
- Boring/Forgettable (JuliasCrochetPatternShop)
- Unprofessional (SexiGrrrrl2000sVintageBoutique)
Now, you might be reading this and saying to yourself “my Etsy shop has a terrible name.” Well, you’re in luck. Changing the name of your Etsy shop is simple. You can instantly change your Etsy shop name:
- Log on to Etsy
- Go to “Your Shop” in the upper right hand corner
- Click “Info and Appearance”
- Click “Shop Name”
- Enter in your new, great Etsy shop name!
If you need help coming up with an effective name for your Etsy shop, feel free to message me on Etsy, through my Etsy shop: yarnhole. Feel free to buy a crochet pattern or two while you’re there!